Pickleball is one of the fastest-growing sports in the world, and it’s no wonder why! It’s fun, easy to learn, and can be enjoyed by people of all ages. If you’re a parent looking to get your kids involved in pickleball, one of the first things you’ll need to do is get them the right paddle. But with so many different paddles on the market, it can be overwhelming to know where to start.
What to Look for in a Kid’s Pickleball Paddle
When choosing a pickleball paddle for your child, there are a few key things to keep in mind:
- Size: Kids’ paddles are typically smaller and lighter than adult paddles. This makes them easier for kids to handle and swing.
- Weight: A lighter paddle is easier for kids to control. For younger kids, look for a paddle that weighs around 5-6 ounces. Older kids can handle a paddle that weighs up to 7-8 ounces.
- Grip: The paddle should have a comfortable grip that’s easy for your child to hold. Some paddles have textured grips that can help prevent slipping.
- Paddle face: The paddle face can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, composite, and graphite. Wood paddles are the most affordable option, but they’re not as durable as composite or graphite paddles. Composite paddles offer a good balance of affordability and durability. Graphite paddles are the most expensive option, but they’re also the lightest and most powerful.
- Price: Pickleball paddles can range in price from around $20 to $200. It’s important to find a paddle that fits your budget, but don’t skimp on quality. A good paddle will make a big difference in your child’s enjoyment of the game.
Once you’ve considered these factors, you can start narrowing down your choices. Here are a few of the best pickleball paddles for kids:
- Paddletek Bantam: This paddle is lightweight and has a comfortable grip, making it perfect for young kids.
- Onix Zest Pickleball Paddle: This paddle is a bit more advanced than the Bantam, but it’s still a great option for kids who are starting to get the hang of the game.
- Franklin Sports Pickleball Paddle: This paddle is made from durable composite material and has a large sweet spot, making it easy for kids to hit the ball.
- Pickleball Depot Junior Pickleball Paddle: This paddle is a great value for the price and comes in a variety of fun colors.
Tips for Getting Kids Started with Pickleball
Once you’ve got your child a paddle, it’s time to start playing! Here are a few tips for getting kids started with pickleball:
- Start with the basics: Teach your child the basic rules of pickleball, such as how to hold the paddle, how to grip the ball, and how to serve.
- Keep it fun: Pickleball should be fun! Don’t focus on winning or losing. Let your child enjoy the game and learn at their own pace.
- Play with other kids: Find other kids in your neighborhood who are also playing pickleball. This is a great way for your child to make friends and practice their skills.
- Sign up for lessons: If your child is serious about pickleball, you can sign them up for lessons. This will help them learn proper technique and improve their game.
With a little encouragement, your child will be pickleball pro in no time!
I hope this blog post has helped you choose the right pickleball paddle for your child. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.
- In addition to the tips above, here are a few other things to keep in mind when choosing a fiberglass paddle for your child:
- Consider your child’s playing style. If your child is aggressive, they might need a paddle with a bit more power. If your child is more defensive, they might need a paddle with more control.
- Take your child to a sporting goods store and let them try out a few different paddles. This will help them find one that feels comfortable in their hands.
- Don’t forget to get your child a pickleball!
I hope this information helps you choose the perfect pickleball paddle for your child. With the right paddle and a little encouragement, your child will be on their